Resident events are a fantastic way to boost resident experience. And Wine and Paint events, or as some people call them, Paint and Sip events, are an incredible option for a fun and super engaging resident event. At Flamingo, we’ve hosted hundreds of Wines and Paints, and we want to show you how you can host one at your property.
Benefits of doing Wine and Paints as a resident event:
Residents love attending events where they can learn something new. From learning how to hold a paintbrush correctly to different flower painting techniques, residents will leave your event happy and satisfied. Not only did they have fun, but they learned a new skill!
It increases self-confidence
You’ll be surprised at the amount of people who’ve never painted before signing up for this class. Your instructor should be patient and encourage all levels of abilities. Residents will be ecstatic when they see their finished work. This turns a simple event into an experience they’ll take with them for the rest of their lives.
It promotes resident to resident interaction
Residents will let their guard down, sip wine, and socialize with their neighbors effortlessly while working on their art. This is a perfect event for people who attend alone to make new friends and for people who attend as a group to strengthen their bonds.
It can be a seasonal event
What’s cool about a Wine and Paint is that it’s super easy to turn it into something seasonal. You could host one every couple of months and have residents paint something relevant to that time of the year. Better yet, at the end of the year you can host an Art Expo where attendees can showcase their work!
Getting Started With The Basics
- Choose your event format: A Wine & Paint resident event can be hosted in person or virtually. Choose which design makes sense for your property.
- Define what you’ll be providing: Is it BYOB? Will you be providing the drinks? We recommend you include everything residents will need for the paint part and leave it up for residents to bring their own beverages, alcoholic or not.
- Ask residents to RSVP: The capacity depends on your available space. If your space capacity is limited, take this to your advantage and promote it as such. For example, if you can only fit 20 people, say, “First 20 residents to RSVP get a spot to this fantastic event!” In our experience, Wine and Paint events are massive hits, so you want to make sure you can fit at least 15 people.
- Promote the event throughout your property: If you have a resident app or a Resident Engagement App, post your event flyer and RSVP link in the social feed. If not, you can send out emails, texts, or print a nice poster for your lobby with a QR code to RSVP.
Event Overview: What you need to host a Wine and Paint
- A professional artist instructor (for around 2 hours)
- Art supplies (this includes paints and different types of brushes)
- Canvas for each resident to take home after the class
- Someone from the site team to stay and take pictures so that you have marketing material for your social media channels.
- Extra: wine, beer, and light snacks basically guarantee a successful event!
Want to book this event with Flamingo?
Booking resident events with Flamingo is so easy, you’ll barely believe it. Just:
- Create a FREE Flamingo account here.
- Choose the Wine and Paint event on the Book Events tab.
- Confirm the quote that better suits your needs.
That’s it! We’ve managed and hosted thousands of resident events over the years and Wine and Paints are one of our customers faves. Check out some reviews:
“Great atmosphere & got to meet some neighbors!” — Decorum Luxury by Greystar resident
“Great event — the instructor was awesome in engaging with the residents and made it fun for everyone to enjoy!!” — Steel Works Apartments by Greystar property manager
“The instructor was so cool!! I feel so inspired by her.” — 1001 South State by Golup and Company resident.